Here is a step by step description of how to create sql databases and databse tables in SQL Server 2008. This is also the indroduction part for next SQL tutorials.
To create SQL database, first of all you should to your SQL Server with the information you provided while installing SQL to your computer. For database works, you should connect to Database Engine in the first screen when you run SQL Server 2008.
Here is how to create a database step by site.
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio from Start Menu
2. Connect to Database Engine
3. Right click on to the Databases section (upper left column) and click New Database option.
4. Choose a Database Name for your work.
5. Identify the owner of the Database. Write ’sa’ for system admin and click check button and wait for execution.
This takes about ten seconds.
Now, you have achieved to create a new database. Let’s add tables to our new database.
6. Click to the + sign left to your database in Databases part. A drop-down menu will open.
7. Right click on to the Tables section and click New Table Option. This creates a new table in your database.
8. Now, it’s time to add some columns for your table. Add column names and define their data types and allow Null property.
9. Save your table clicking save button in toolbox. Give a descriptive name to your table.
10. Click to the + sign left to your table in Tables part. A drop-down menu will open.
11. Right click on it and click Edit Top 200 Rows for entering new records.
12. Enter all your records that you would like to be in your table.
13. You can enter as many as databases and tables with New Database and New Table options.