The common mistakes to check for when programming to avoid many DeBugs or Syntax Errors.
This is going to discuss some of the common errors people find they did while programming and what to check for if you are having trouble DeBugging or getting many syntax errors.
1. If you are using someone elses code (Which is a big NO NO) is probably because it does not fit the version of VBP you have or the names do not match up
2. A big error that occurs a lot is bad naming or mixed naming with large programs. They way I was taught that is easy is to just put it like so – for a label for money put it like so- lblMoney; that way it is easier to read in the code.
3. Make sure your labels and text boxes are always right.
4. Comment inside your code using Dim or ‘. It helps a lot to remember where you are at or where you need to go next etc.
5. Program developers life cycle!!!!! (Analyze,Analyze,Analyze,Develop a solution to the problem, Design a GUI,Develop Code,Debug,Upgrade and Maintain). It will help make your program the next big hit.
6. ALWAYS check your spelling cause little tiny mistakes such as (lblMonye) can throw off your entire project.
7. If you need help Google is a great source to look up different VB situations but I advise not copying code [It is extremely noticeable].
8. Lastly for now in common errors is to just take it one step at a time and don’t make it overly fancy and decorative until one of the last steps. The more items you have to code for the harder it will be on yourself and memorizing where it all goes. Also plan on a sheet of paper if needed.