There are times when computer users experience problems with Windows or the system. Sometimes appears a serious problem that causes the computer can not boot or windows system files damaged by virus or others.
If this happens there are usually two choices: Re-Install or Repair Windows Installation. This time will be discussed how to How to repair (repair) Installation of Windows Xp. Repair technique has advantages such as data on the system is still intact (the programs installed on your computer still remains). And it will also shorten the time, because if you re-install the program which include the need to reinstall the driver again. If the program is there are very many, it will spend a long time. But even so, Reinstall Windows usually will be more fresh for our computer, especially if the previous drive in the format first, so that windows really like the new baby .. Errors that often occur when you want to repair your installation of Windows XP is when it appears the choice / installation menu the first time, we choose the “Repair Using Recovery Console”, so the show is application / Command Prompt window. Indeed, this feature can be used to fix some errors, but what we want is to improve the overall system files windows XP instead of the command prompt.
Step-by-step repair installation of Windows XP include:
1. Make sure the computer’s BIOS is set to first boot sequence is CDROM, and record the Serial Number of Windows XP.
2. Insert the CD Intallasi Windows XP, then restart (reboot) the computer.
3. When it says “Press any key to boot from CD”, press any key on the keyboard.
4. Windows Setup will proceed to load the necessary files from the CD.
5. After that will be performing “Welcome to Setup”, then press ENTER (first choice).
6. After that will be featured Windows XP Licensing Agreement
7. Press the F8 button (I Agree) to continue
8. Windows Setup will look for whether there was an installation of Windows XP.
9. If the existing installation of Windows XP, it will be displayed in the list. If no, then it will not be able to repair installation of Windows XP (must install again) Do not continue if it does not know.
10. Once found, it is selected (select) Windows XP is in want and press R to repair to the windows XP Installas.
11. Wait until the request is complete until the computer restarts.
12. After the restart, and display a menu of “Press any key to boot from CD” then do not press any buttons. Follow the continuing process of repair to complete. Once completed and the computer restarts, the Windows XP Installation was successful in the repair, and program / existing applications, hardware drivers and the data will remain and run normally, without the need to install again. Unless an application that converts windows file system such as Vista Transformation Pack and the like. If you use an application like this it is necessary to reinstall.