In this article, I am going to show you how to use Q emulator to install windows operating system on your Mac.
HOW TO USE Q EMULATOR.
Now this article is going to guide you to install windows on your Mac using Q emulator.
Q is an open source Cocoa port developed by Mike Krononberg and Cordney based on QEMU.
Q is basically an x86 emulator that allows you to install windows, linux or any other x86-based OS on your Mac.
It is available as a universal binary which means you can use to install windows on both the intel and PPC or PowerPC-base Macintosh.
Now, you have to download Q emulator first before you can use it. If you don’t have the Q emulator, click here to download it for free for your Mac.
The Q emulator is a disk image type of software. So after downloading, just click on it to launch it. Now you will see a new window on your Mac. Click on “agree” to mount the program.
The next thing to do is to drag the Q.app into your applications to install the program on your Mac. Then go back to your Applications and lunch the Q.app
Launching the program will take you to the Q control screen.
Follow the following steps to install windows.
1. Locate the plus or the addition sign which is inside the yellow circle which below the control box. The name of that plus sign is “ create new pc”. Just Click on it to create your new PC.
2. You’ll see on the screen the Create new Guest”. Just give it a name and choose the operating system you want to install on your Mac and click on “create PC”
3. The rest is your own preference setting, from General, Hardware, Network and Advanced.
Now let me help you here.
Under general, if you select the “the pause emulation while in background” you are meaning that when you are not on the Q emulator window, the program should pause.
Under hardware, just choose your platform. and CPU
Then set your RAM to any space you want based on the RAM capacity of your Mac.
You can tick all the sound cards but i think the soundblaster 16 is the best of all.
You can also select all the network cards available over there if you want.
Now under hard disk, you can use the custom image but mind you if you are going to use many programs on windows, you have to select the “create other disk image” to set your own space or size you want for your PC. Remember the size is in MB so if you want let say 20 Gb for windows, just multiply the 20 by 1024 to give you the amount or size in MB. Then click on “create image” to proceed.
Then under “boot from” you can select CD-ROM since you are going to use the Windows Installation Disk to install the windows on your Mac.
Now after installing windows on your Mac, you have to come back to settings to change it to boot from your hard disk since windows is going to be installed on your hard disk after the installation.
4.Under Network and Advanced, you have configure it in your own way as you want it to be.
5. Click on “create PC,” to save your settings in the Q control.
6. Now locate the four icons in the Q control. The first icon is the settings which is used to apply changes, the second icon is the play which is used to start the windows running, the third icon is the “stop” which is used to stop the windows from running and the last one is the “delete” which is used to completely delete the windows installation from your Mac.
7) Insert your Windows Installation disc into your ROM and click on the “Play” which is the second icon to start installing windows on your Mac.
Article source: http://macusershome.blogspot.com