Unlocking instructions for the HTC Legend. Removing the network lock.
If you purchase an HTC Legend and find that it’s locked to a network you do not wish to use it on, then as long as you have the network unlocking code (usually available from the network provider you purchased the phone from) you can follows these instructions to unlock the device.
Image via GSMArena
PHONE UNLOCK PROCEDURE
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT ANY UNLOCK PROCESS
This procedure unlocks the handset from being network restricted from only using SIM cards from the network on which it was locked. It will not remove any security codes put in place by the owner.
- Obtain your unlocking code
- Insert a SIM card from an ALTERNATE carrier
- Ensure the phone is charged then switch it on
- If the SIM card has a PIN you will need to enter this. If the SIM card does not have a PIN attached, then continue to the next step.
- Once powered up, the handset will then display “Network Locked”. Drag down the screen and the soft touch keypad will appear. Then enter the unlocking code in the prompted area under the “SIM network unlock PIN”. Then tap the ‘OK’ soft key.
- The handset will now display “Requesting Network Unlock”, before moving to the main screen.
- Once the device has returned to the main screen, it should be unlocked successfully. This will be confirmed if you can successfully use the alternate carrier SIM card.
Please note – If an incorrect unlocking code is entered, it will display “Incorrect Password” before returning to the unlock screen.