If you are going to upgrade to Lion OSX, make sure you have a local supplier of top quality computer repairs and computer support. Here is a list of the reasons why.
Apple has said their Lion OSX operating system is the most sophisticated system in the world. It should be called the operating system with the most requirements for sophisticated computer support. Try and find a local supplier because the people in the bricks and mortar Apple Stores are nothing less than posers trying to look as pretty as an iPhone or iPad application themselves. They have about as much personality, and even less knowledge of Apple as you do. Apparently, Apple pays lower than just about anyone, and that is why Steve Jobs died the richest man in the world. Easy come, easy go, and it makes you consider there is a God out there, and he or she does deliver justice. The OSX stinks! Let’s compare it with Windows 8, which is not officially out, but the demonstrator version works well.
- Price. Both operating systems are considered upgrades, and so that means they are not expensive. They already made millions of us for the past 2 decades, and so it is about time they stopped charging us a fortune. Apple’s update is about 30 dollars and the Windows version is expected to be the same.
- Devices. The OSX only works on the laptops and desktops. They have added a few applications to try and make your Macbook Pro look like it is very compatible with your smartphone or iPad, but it is not. Windows on the other hand, will run on all devices, and all applications run the same too — on all devices.
- Application Store. Both operating systems have an application store. Apple makes an absolute fortune on their restrictive applications. Windows will also have an application store, which will have many times more applications than Apple. That means the applications will be cheaper, better and faster. Apparently, Facebook is working on an application that will penetrate Apple, and because the new HTML5 applications that all run on Windows, will also run on Apple. I hope they do that!
- Usability. From what we have seen from the Windows demonstration video, there are a lot more, and a lot better features, from the new operating system than Apple’s. I was a die-hard Apple lover. I have been using Apple since they came out. Now I am extremely bitter after using this atrocious operating system. It is a joke. There is no way it can compete with the new features of the up-coming operating system from Microsoft. You spend more time trying to find solutions on Apple Communities, and all you do is spend time reading about others who have the same bugs and problems as you.
- Cloud computing. Again, iCloud is a joke. It is just another name for an online storage space. There is nothing cloud about it, except for the name. Windows on the other hand, runs HTML5 programs natively on the system. This means we are talking true cloud computing. Apple, once again, has managed to stick an ‘i’ before something, and pretend it is a big innovation.
Save the time and money you will spend on computer repairs. Don’t bother with Lion, and if you already have, and in the same situation as me, get yourself signed up to the Beta testing deal Microsoft is arranging, and get a free copy of Windows, and install it on your Mac. My new saying, “Mac, I will never go back”.