This article tells us about a new virus that has been pervading around twitter accounts on the world wide web nowadays.
Are you worried about Direct Messages from your followers in your Twitter account that say “Hey, that person has been saying freaking crap about you”, “Yo! Some fool is spreading some nasty things about you” or, “omg, I am laughing so hard at this pic of you someone found.” All these DM’s are followed by a URL that brings you to a new window of your account or at times, it logs out your account and requires you to log in again to be able to see what’s in the URL. Well, I cant be wrong, your account has been infested with a virus that spams your direct messages.
However, you can do something about it. Here are some tips to get rid of these spams and viruses.
1. Immediately delete the direct messages that read as I mentioned on the examples above and never attempt to open them. The link might enable your account to be hacked and used against you.
2. Always regularly change your password so that you lessen the chance of another person knowing your account or hacking it. Make your password unique yet easy to remember.
3. Regularly do a complete Virus Scan on your computer. Make this a routine and it will surely be very helpful.
4. When in a public computer or in an internet cafe, always sign out from your account immediately after using.
5. Be aware. Be a responsible Tweeple (a person who uses twitter). Read the latest news about social media networks and do your part.
We need to protect our twitter accounts because, let’s be honest, it is our favorite pasttime at the end of the day and it’s one great way of connecting with people around the world, may it be ordinary persons or huge celebrities that give you giggles when you get a Retweet.